Frequently Asked Questions
We have a wonderful selection of topics! This year’s workshop tracks include:
- Education Advocacy
- Legislative Advocacy
- Organizational Leadership
- Civil Rights Advocacy
- Government Employee Training (GET) and Professional Development
- Deaf, hard of hearing, late deafened, DeafBlind, and hearing consumers
- Federal and all other government employees
- Deaf and hard of hearing professionals
- State association, organizational and corporate representatives
- Professionals whose services are targeted to deaf, late deafened, DeafBlind, and hearing consumers
- Educators of the deaf
- Sign Language Interpreters
The purpose of NLTC is to give individuals who want to improve their leadership skills for employment purposes; for operation of local and national organizations, including state associations; and for self-improvement. Employers can expect their employees to acquire a better understanding of efficiency, effectiveness, and execution of performance duties as well as honing networking skills. State associations and other nonprofits can expect their officers to become familiar and comfortable with board governance, website and social media tools, financial management, reporting mandates, legislative and political advocacy, and membership recruitment. All participants will also benefit from essential diversity training crucial to every entity.
Early Bird Rates until August 31
- Regular: $285
- GET: $325
- Regular: $310
- GET: $350
Unfortunately, no. Since registration includes meals, we need a head count to ensure you don't go hungry!
NAD membership is required. Keep in mind that affiliate membership isn't the same as individual membership. Even if your organization is an affiliate member of the NAD -- you, yourself, as an individual, have to be a member. If you are not a member, you can easily join online. If your organization is sending you to NLTC, you can discuss with them on how to pay for your individual membership if this is a concern. Note: Government Employee Training (GET) registration does not require NAD membership.
NLTC is best suited for individuals over the age of 18, but we welcome youth between the ages of 15 and 18 to serve as Jr. NAD pages, who will be working during the NLTC.
Workshops will not have Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) this year. If you are interested in earning attendance credits, please contact email to discuss options.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. -- Platinum
Verizon -- Platinum
Spectrum -- Gold
Communication Service for the Deaf -- Silver
Sorenson Communications, LLC -- Silver
TracFone -- Silver
VOTEC -- Silver
ZVRS/Purple -- Silver
NTID/RIT -- Silver
ClearCaptions -- Bronze
Convo -- Bronze
Gallaudet University -- Bronze
If you’re interested in sponsoring the conference, contact us for more information!
The official conference hotel is the Doubletree Hilton. Group rate reservations are available until September 25, 2019– reserve your room online.
- Workshop sessions and luncheons are in the hotel.
- The NAD has a special group rate at this hotel for NLTC attendees.
- Attendees who stay in the hotel allow the NAD to pay less for meeting space, which makes registration rates lower.
- Prime networking opportunities.
- Save time traveling each day to and from the NLTC.
- Convenience for you to get what you need between NLTC activities.
The NAD selects meals we hope everyone will enjoy. We realize that some individuals have dietary restrictions and food allergies. Attendees who notify us about food allergies or dietary restrictions that prevent them from eating the standard entree selection are provided with a vegetarian/vegan meal that are designed to best meet their specific dietary needs. The NAD will do its best to accommodate all dietary requests; however because the focus is on food allergies, we cannot always guarantee requests such as low-fat, low-salt, low-carb, sugar-free, etc. Alternate soups, salads or desserts also may not be available. Please contact us for special meal requests no later than September 15, 2019.
Thursday night's Kick-Off Reception will have finger foods for all to enjoy. We will provide lunch on Friday and Saturday.
The hotel has its own restaurant, there is a Starbucks within a few blocks of the hotel, and there are other restaurants nearby. If you'd like to explore Downtown Little Rock, you can take the trolley route which can take you to other restaurants.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept purchase orders because these typically take two to three months to process.
Yes, if you can provide us with approved credit card payment specifics.
You can request authorization from your supervisor for conference travel and registration reimbursement, using our> sample justification letter. However, this arrangement is between you and your employer.
The registration refund schedule below is applicable in the event of cancellations, except for medical emergencies or death in family (written documentation is required):
|Postmark Deadline||Refund Amount|
|Before July 1, 2019||75%|
|July 1-30, 2019||50%|
|August 1-30, 2019||25%|
|After August 30, 2019||0%|
Little Rock offers the best in southern hospitality!
- Visit Little Rock
- River Market District
- Doubletree By Hilton Little Rock
- There are many popular attractions within walking distance from the hotel including the Old Statehouse Museum and many of downtown Little Rock’s popular River Market District attractions along with the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park or explore downtown on the River Rail Trolley.
Please contact us if you haven't found the answer to your question above.